Gang fight ‘that led to girl, 17, being gunned down’: Punch-up in a London milkshake bar filmed and shared online

Gang fight ‘that led to girl, 17, being gunned down’: Punch-up in a London milkshake bar filmed and shared online ‘prompted revenge shooting in which youth worker was innocent victim’

-Murder of 17-year-old youth worker Tanesha Melbourne in Tottenham ‘was revenge for a fight over Easter’

-Footage shared on Snapchat of three men attacking a youth in a London diner sparked the killing of Tanesha

-Tanesha became the 48th person to be murdered in London this year, caught up in a terrifying postcode war

A fight between youths in a milkshake bar was the spark that led to a 17-year-old youth worker being shot dead in a botched revenge hit, it was claimed last night.

Footage of the punch-up, filmed on mobile phones on Easter Sunday, was shared on Twitter and Snapchat and led to a gunman attacking Tanesha Melbourne in Tottenham on Monday night, locals said.

Police investigating Tanesha’s murder seized CCTV footage of the fight when they visited the American-style Tinseltown diner in Farringdon, central London, on Tuesday, the Times reported.

It was believed the fight happened there on Sunday night.

Video shows three men repeatedly punching and stamping on a young black man at the bottom of a stairwell. A woman who lay on top of him to protect him was also attacked.

It is not known if Tanesha was present when the fight happened.

Locals have linked Tanesha’s murder – the 47th in London this year amid a surge in violent deaths – to a gang war in the Wood Green area of north London.

At the weekend, Met Police Commissioner Cressida Dick had said gangs were using social media to glamorise violence and disputes could escalate within minutes on the platforms.

It was claimed after Tanesha’s murder that the Wood Green gang war was being aggravated by social media posts.

Tanesha, a mentor at a local youth club, was cradled by her distraught mother Sharon as she lay dying in the street at about 9.35pm on Monday.

The teen died at the scene despite paramedics’ desperate battle to save her.

On Tuesday, her mum returned to the scene and laid flowers with a heartbreaking tribute.

She wrote on a card accompanying the bouquet: “To my baby nesha, I’m gonna miss you so much. You’re always gonna be with me, everywhere I go, whatever. Love mummy.”

CCTV footage captured at a local off-licence appears to show the 17-year-old’s final moments before she was killed in the drive-by attack.

It was recorded at 8.36pm, showing a girl believed to be Tanesha passing the shop with friends about an hour before the murder.

No-one has been arrested over her death.

Friends have said she was an innocent victim who wasn’t involved in gangs and was shot “for no reason at all” as she was hanging out with pals.

London’s murder rate is on pace to be its highest in more than a decade. The capital had more murders than New York for the first time in modern history in February and again in March.

The Metropolitan Police have launched 48 murder investigations in the first 14 weeks of the year – an average of just over three a week.

So what do you think?

Tell us in the comments.

Source :
Source :

You May Also Like