Mum burned in Salford arson attack ‘to leave hospital for first time to attend funerals’ of her four children killed in the blaze

Mother, 36, who was left in a coma by petrol bomb arson attack on her home that killed all four of her children ‘will leave hospital for the first time for their funerals nine months on’

-Michelle Pearson lost Demi, 14, Brandon, eight, Lacie, seven, and Lia, three

-Four were killed in attack on home in Salford, Greater Manchester, in December

-Mrs Pearson, 36, was left in a coma and only found out they had died in April

-Funeral will take place on September 14 and public are welcome to line streets

A mother who lost who four children in a petrol bomb arson attack on their home nine months ago will leave hospital for the first time to attend their funeral.

Michelle Pearson, 36, was badly injured in the fire at her home in Salford, Greater Manchester, last December.

Her children, Demi Pearson, 14, Brandon, eight, Lacie, seven, and Lia, three, all died in the devastating attack.

Mrs Pearson was placed in a medically-induced coma after the fire and was unaware of their deaths until April this year when she woke up.

She has spent months fighting for her life, has battled a number of infections and has even had one of her eyes stitched shut because of her injuries.

But next month, the determined mother plans to take the huge step of leaving hospital for the day so she can finally bid farewell to her children.

Loved ones hope the day will be “nice and peaceful” and the four siblings will get the beautiful send-off they deserve after the devastating blaze.

The youngsters will be carried to the service on horse-drawn carriages, while the dress code is “black and pink for girls and black and blue for boys”.

A relative told Mirror Online: “The public is welcome to walk behind the horse and carriages up to the service.

“They are also welcome to the service and can line the streets in a mark of respect, however the burial and wake are private.

“We just want it to be a nice peaceful day and to give the kids a really good send-off.”

They added: “Michelle will be attending.

“She will have to go from the hospital.”

At the time of the fire, Michelle screamed “Not the kids! Not my kids!” before being overcome by the smoke, heat and flames that had filled her home.

She was rescued from the property along with youngest daughter Lia – but the little girl tragically died in hospital two days after the incident.

Demi, Brandon and Lacie, who had been sleeping in a front bedroom when the house was petrol-bombed, all perished in the blaze, a court heard.

The “beautiful” children suffered cardiac arrests and died as a result of a combination of smoke inhalation and burns following the fire.

Despite her injuries and grief, Michelle is said to be making progress every day – with her proud relatives supporting her each step of the way.

The relative told us: “It’s a slow and long process but it will get better.”

The children’s funeral will take place on Friday, September 14.

The procession will begin on Jackson Street in the Walkden area – the same road that the attack was carried out in just a fortnight before Christmas.

It will leave at 10am, before travelling through St Mary’ Park and to Bridgewater Primary School, where Brandon and Lacie had been pupils.

It will then stop for a minute, before continuing to St Paul’s Church.

There, the service will begin at 11am.

The relative told us there will be “plenty of family speeches”.

Afterwards, the siblings will be laid to rest together, with little Lia being buried in a Peppa Pig coffin because she loved the programme.

The funeral will take place nine months after the early-morning attack – and four months after two men were jailed for life for the children’s murders.

Bolland was also convicted of three counts of attempted murder relating to Michelle, her son Kyle Pearson, 17, and his pal, Bobby Harris.

However, Worrall was found not guilty of three counts of attempted murder.

A third defendant, Courtney Brierley, 20, was found not guilty of murdering the children, but convicted of the alternative of manslaughter in each case.

She was handed 21 years in a young offenders’ institution.

Bolland had admitted reckless arson, a charge denied by the other two.

In a statement, read out on the steps of the court after the verdicts, the children’s gran Sandra Lever said: “Today may be the end of the trial but it is not the end for us as we try to recover and get on with out lives.

The statement continued: “We will never again hear their voices… that thought leaves us numb. I hope that Bolland, Worrall and Brierley know that they have taken away the light of our lives. We are very happy today with the results and would like to thank all those who have helped us to get justice.”

The court had heard Bolland had been involved in a “petty” feud with Kyle.

The lit petrol bombs were tossed inside the home at around 5am on December 11, 2017, with the second device ‘exploding’ near the stairs.

This blocked the only exit to the ground floor and trapped the victims upstairs as flames engulfed the house, the court was told.

Read More : Five-year-old boy is left ‘completely traumatised’ after being repeatedly BITTEN by autistic teenage girl who attacked him in McDonald’s

So what do you think?

Tell us in the comments.

Source : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6071561/Manchester-mother-injured-arson-attack-leave-hospital-funerals-four-children.html
Source : https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/badly-burnt-mum-whose-four-13095087

You May Also Like