Star Hobson’s father ‘will never heal’ from the ‘callous and horrible’ murder of his daughter

Star Hobson’s father ‘will never heal’ from the ‘callous and horrible’ murder of his daughter

It was 'callous and inhumane' to take his child from Jordan Hobson, he added.

Sabrina Brockhill, 25, was sentenced to 25 years in prison for the baby's murder.

Frankie Smith, Star's mother, and father, divorced before she met Brockhill.

Smith received an eight-year sentence for permitting the death.

‘The horrible death of my lovely newborn daughter has destroyed me and I will never recover from the callous and brutal way Star was stolen from me,' Mr Hobson added.

‘No judicial sentence will ever bring back my precious daughter.

‘I now ask for privacy so I can grieve and try to pick up the pieces of my life.'

Mrs Justice Lambert heard Mr Hobson's father, Bernard, say he couldn't bring himself to make a statement but was ‘heartbroken and haunted' by his young daughter's sad death.

‘What did Star do to deserve to have her life cut short so soon?' he asked.

Weird that a girl we know could do such a thing.

‘Star was kidnapped, her life had hardly begun.'

Jordan Hobson left Smith to study at Sunderland University.

Star's existence was "marked by neglect, brutality, and injury" at the hands of her mother's partner, a judge said.

The ‘fatal punch or kick' to Star inside Smith's flat in Keighley, West Yorkshire, caused the toddler to lose half her blood and damage her internal organs, the judge said on Wednesday.

Star, who died in September 2020, had two brain injuries, multiple rib fractures, two leg breaks, and a skull fracture, she added.

Star's death and the months of violence and psychological trauma she endured sparked a national uproar, especially since the trial followed that of killed Solihull six-year-old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes.

In the eight months before Star died, friends and relatives had raised concerns to social services and police five times.

Smith's relatives and friends grew increasingly concerned about her injuries in the months preceding her death.

In each case, Brockhill and Keighley persuaded social workers that Star's tattoos were unintentional or that the allegations were malicious.