Syrian refugee asks people not to attack his ‘bully’

‘I don’t want anything terrible to happen to him’: Syrian refugee, 15, asks people not to attack his ‘bully’ after online abuse was directed at the 16-year-old

-Footage of the incident in Huddersfield went viral earlier this week

-Jamal has said he has become concerned about the violent comments

-He has said he ‘doesn’t want anything bad to happen to anyone’

-A police guard has been stationed outside of the alleged attackers home

A Syrian refugee who was filmed having water poured on his face and being pushed to the ground in a viral video has urged people to not attack the alleged bully behind his suffering.

The 15-year-old, who can only be named as Jamal, called for an end to the online abuse directed at the alleged 16-year-old perpetrator.

A video of Jamal being attacked by a fellow pupil at Almondbury Community School, Huddersfield, West Yorks, has gone viral.

He was knocked down and had water poured over his face.

The footage sparked a furious backlash against the alleged bully, who has been forced to flee the country with his mother, his brother said.

Speaking out on Friday, Jamal said: “I am very concerned about the violent comments going out on social media about the bully.

“I don’t want anything terrible to happen to him at all. I just don’t want anything bad to happen to anyone.”

Yesterday, it emerged that Jamal wrote to authorities pleading for help three weeks before the incident.

The teenager contacted the police, his school and council but got nowhere.

Cllr Bernard McGuin said Jamal emailed him, pleading “please help me”, on October 27, two days after the attack.

The teen had earlier written to his school, West Yorkshire Police, Kirklees Council, Ofsted and the Department for Education, on October 4.

He told Cllr McGuin of “incidents and allegations”, but did not include the video from October 25.

Jamal suggested he had been bullied for two years. Cllr McGuin said: “He said the police and the school had not helped him. He felt nobody could help him.”

Cllr McGuin sent the case to the council’s director of children’s services, Steve Walker.

Read More : Charities demand action after excess winter deaths hit highest level in 40 years

So what do you think?

Tell us in the comments.

Source More Details
Source More Details


Who will hold the powerful to account?
Real, independent, investigative journalism is in alarming decline. It costs a lot to produce.
Many publications facing an uncertain future can no longer afford to fund it, meaning journalists are losing the ability to hold the rich and powerful to account.
Pledge as little as £1.00 to help us support independent investigative journalism
Donate

You May Also Like