Boyfriend of 17-year-old girl who died after taking ecstasy at her first nightclub party is jailed along with the dealer who sold him the pill for a total of three years
-Faye Allen died after suffering reaction to the Class A drug at her first ever rave
-Boyfriend Connor Aden, 19, who gave her the ecstasy pill, jailed for eight months
-Dealer Oliver Garside, 21, jailed for over two years at Manchester Crown Court
-The MDMA tablets were smuggled into the venue inside Kinder egg containers
The boyfriend of a teenager who died after taking super-strength ecstasy at her first ever rave has been jailed alongside the dealer who sold him the drug.
Faye Allen, 17, suffered a fatal reaction after taking the Class A tablet during an event at the Victoria Warehouse in Stretford, Greater Manchester.
She suffered a fatal reaction after taking the class A drug during an event at the Victoria Warehouse in Trafford on May 2, 2016.
It had been handed her by her boyfriend Connor Aden, 19, who bought them from dealer Oliver Garside, 21.
Aden and Garside, both from St Helens, have now been jailed at Manchester Crown Court for drugs offences following the death of Ms Allen, who was from Liverpool.
The court heard how Garside sold Aden three MDMA tablets. Aden took one and gave the other two to Faye and another friend.
Both admitted supplying class A drugs and Garside was jailed for two years and four months, while Faye’s boyfriend Aden was sent down for eight months, the Manchester Evening News reports.
Prosecutor Guy Mathieson told how Garside managed to smuggle drugs into the venue despite security checks and sniffer dogs being in place to prevent it.
He was selling two particular ‘brands’ of ecstasy – Ups and Mastercard – at the Don’t Let Daddy Know dance music event.
Buying three at £10 each for his group, Aden handed over the £30 to Garside.
Faye took hers but the dose ‘overwhelmed’ her, the court heard.
Police launched an investigation and searched the address of Garside’s girlfriend, where he was found.
They discovered tablets in the house as well as plastic containers found inside Kinder eggs.
The sentencing hearing was told it was suspected that drugs had been smuggled into the venue in those plastic containers, then intimately secreted in people’s bodies, but that they couldn’t be sure.
Faye Allen’s family were described as feeling loss and devastation.
Defending Connor Aden, Arthur Gibson said it was ‘purely a matter of geography’ that Aden was the one who handed the money over to Garside, because he was standing closest to him.
Defending Garside, Kevin Donnelly said the defendant had been selling cannabis since 2015 and had begun selling ecstasy in the weeks before Faye Allen’s death.
He said Garside has not taken drugs since the incident and has disassociated himself from old friends.
“It was a great shock and source of great concern to him when one of those tablets had the effect that it did,” Mr Donnelly said.
The barrister added that Garside, a qualified plasterer, became a father last year.
Addressing Garside, Judge Martin Steiger said: “The defendant must have known that in dealing MDMA there was always the risk of an adverse reaction that might affect the life of the consumer.”
Garside pleaded guilty to three counts of supplying class A drugs, and one count of possessing class A drugs. Aden admitted two counts of supplying class A drugs.
Following Faye Allen’s death, Connor Aden’s father told the M.E.N: “She had never been to a rave or nightclub before. This was the first time.
“They are a couple of young lovers who have gone to a club. Faye took a pill for the first time and disaster has struck.
“The whole family are absolutely devastated. We don’t know how we are going to look after each other.
“Faye was her mother’s best friend and she doted on her brother and sister and her boyfriend.
“She loved to look after her disabled brother and her younger sister. She was such a smiley and warm, loving girl.”
So what do you think?
Tell us in the comments.
Source : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5494273/Boyfriend-clubber-jailed-died-taking-ecstasy.html
Source : https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teenager-who-gave-17-year-12176995